Friday, February 6, 2009

How to Copyright and Protect your Material by Duane Jacobson

I have many people to contact me, to get information about how to copyright their material. For nondramatic literary works: including fiction, nonfiction, books, short stories, poems, collection of poetry, essays, articles in serials, and/or computer programs.

Go to your local library and ask for the Short Form TX. You must answer all questions in all the boxes. You "must" send a copy of your material that you want copyrighted, along with processing fee, and application form to: Library of Congress, Copyright Office, 101 Independence Avenue SE, Washington, D.C. 20559-6000

* Note: Copyright fees can change at any time, please contact the Copyright Office for a current fee pricing. You may write to the above address or call (202) 707-3000. If you do not want to be identified as the author, you must use the Standard Form TX

I am not affiliated or employed with Library of Congress, if you have any questions please call Library of Congress of the number given. I hope this information is helpful, to those that are needing assistance in getting their work copyrighted. Good Luck!!

For Short Form TX go to:

No comments: